Blog Archive

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bamboo

Bamboo is a material that I find incredibly appealing. I call it the "Green Machine." : ) I'm all about the environment and being green, and bamboo is the king of greenness. It is now turned into fashion, floors, furniture and many other wonderous things. Bamboo is hygienic and it's material gives. It's not hard and rough.

Recently, designers Fernando y Humberto Campana, have made some truly beautiful and functional items out of bamboo. Below are a few of them. My favorite is the vase with the bright yellow lemons. Beautiful contrast and form. They were made for Alessi.





Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there there! Thank you for paying Luli's Chic Design. I look forward to your input and comments. (If you like what you see, please do not forget to subscribe!)