Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

EVANSTON, ILLINOIS ARCHITECTURE

I am currently living in Florida.  But the architecture here has me bored.  Everything seems so cookie cutter.  I am really missing Illinois.  In particular, where I used to live; Evanston, Illinois.  A small town in the outskirts of Chicago.  A short ride to downtown.  A place so beautiful, and comforting that I wish I had never left. 

I miss those old midwestern values, the people, the jazz, the seasons.  Florida is just not for me.  And now that I have a little one, I am looking to move.  I wish Florida wasn't so cookie cutter.  Our homes are so close together we might as well be townhouses.  Very little land, yards, property.  Every fourth house is the same.

Don't get me wrong.  Florida has it's beauty.  Of that there is no doubt.  Daily sunshine, the ocean, flowers, palm trees, etc.  But nothing man made that really stands out for me. 

I used to LOVE walking around Evanston.  It is not a big place.  Only 7.4 miles.  It is north of Chicago and at the beginning of the 20th century was called the "City of Churches,"  because there are so many churches of every denomination you can imagine; and they are so stunning!  

There are three movies that I know of that have been filmed in Evanston.  The last one that I know of, being Mean girls.  There was also 16 Candles and Home Alone 3.  What it is most known for, is being the home of Northwestern University.

Ok...wow did I get carried away!  LOL  The purpose of this post was not a history lesson on Evanston, but rather to share the beauty of it's architecture.  It's homes are wonderful!  So here you are...













PLEASE CLICK THE FB BUTTON TO SHARE
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there there! Thank you for paying Luli's Chic Design. I look forward to your input and comments. (If you like what you see, please do not forget to subscribe!)