Blog Archive

Saturday, September 11, 2010

MISMATCH LAMP


I used to be a "neutral girl." Yep, you heard it! A  N-E-U-T-R-A-L girl!

I wasn't into colors and anything that didn't match perfectly. (Well, I was into colors in 7th grade when I decided to make my bedroom a rainbow room).

However, with age (clearing throat), I have learned to value the charm of furniture that does not match.

As well as patterns that are unexpected.  (Chekerboards, polka-dots, stripes, etc.).

Everything doesn't need to be solid these days. 

Thank God for that!  What a bore I was!

Things do not need to match, be perfect, or beautiful, or order to make sense or be captivating.

As a matter a fact, the ability to match what would to the average eye, seem "unmatchable," is quite a skill.

A good example of this, is the photo of the lamp above.

The colors match, the patterns do not.

There is a sense of romance here, don't you think?

A lamp such as this one in my new bedroom (which I am in the process of designing now), would be... perfect!

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Or in between?

PLEASE CLICK THE FB BUTTON AND/OR TWITTER BUTTONS TO SHARE:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there there! Thank you for paying Luli's Chic Design. I look forward to your input and comments. (If you like what you see, please do not forget to subscribe!)